|My "Beauty Smoothie" contains 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, 1 cup raw broccoli, 1/2 avocado, 1/2 cup kale, 4 large chunks pineapple. Usually I throw chia seeds on-top but I ran out!
Do smoothies seem overwhelming or too time consuming to you? You can get a well priced blender on eBay, Amazon and even JC Penny online. Get a bunch of fruits and veggies, some unsweetened hemp or nut milk and just throw it in. At Tres Belle Spa we have invested in a Nutribullet so we can make power packed "Beauty Smoothies" at work!
Here are My 10 Tips For Your Best Skin Boosting Smoothie:
1. Avocado tastes good with most everything and adds a richness plus it's amazing for glowing skin
2. Broccoli is rich in antioxidants and vitamins A,C and E. It pairs amazingly well with pineapple!! I promise! Pineapple is full of Bromelain, an enzyme that softens skin.
3. Add 2 or 3 veggies and just one fruit. You don't want to overpower a green smoothie with too much natural sugar.
4. Sprinkle in some turmeric and cinnamon to ease inflammation in your body and enhance flavors.
5. Drink right away. Don't let your smoothie or juice hang around and oxidize.
6. Remember that you not only enjoy food with your mouth, but with your eyes. Try to be mindful of the fruits and vegetables you are blending so that you don't end up with a sickly gray color
7. If you are using a high-quality blender you can throw a small handful of nuts into your smoothie for added protein
8. Finish your smoothie with a sprinkling of Chia seeds. Adding them right into the blender will make for tough cleanup.
9. It's officially strawberry season and strawberries are packed with skin boosting nutrients. A sweet fruit like strawberries pairs very well with a kale smoothie.
10. If you are unsure of what vegetables and fruits to buy start with the shortlist: kale, broccoli, avocado, spinach, strawberries, apples, bananas, hemp or nut milk.
Make a commitment to eating wholefoods and watch your skin change. Try to make two green smoothies a week and work up to everyday. It takes less time than making eggs and toast! You are what you eat, hi!I'm avocado, nice to meet ya.
Kick start your glow with a clarifying facial, it's a great way to get fresh faced. I recommend have atleast one at the start of each season.
Peas and Love,